Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Inkymole Is Running For Cash: The Final Analysis!

No. of runners: 15,000 (ish)
Miles: 13.1 / 21.09km
Amount of cash raised for Mind: £1061 and counting
Chip time: 2 h 30 mins
How long did that silly grin stay on my face? 2 h 30 mins!
Place finish: 9433rd
No. of stops/pauses to walk: 0
No. of bottles of water: 3
No. of Strawberry Shot blox: 5
Silly running costumes spotted: 4 - a fish, a dinosaur, a 3D Mind logo, a ballerina
Chances of me doing it again: 100%

Crikey, I am my dad in this picture!



The day was overcast, cool, with outbreaks of sun or gentle cool breezes just when we needed them - and the most breathtaking atmosphere. I was so excited, and the miles just flew by, as did Buckingham Palace, Pall Mall, Whitehall, Trafalgar Square, the Millennium Eye, and the Thames - if you'd like to see the route here it is.

Thanks to every client, friend, relative, neighbour, yoga classmate and fellow illustrator who tucked cash into my trainers. I had an excellent time, and am already getting 'the twitch' for the next one.

If you were one of those (and you know who you are!) who were 'waiting to see if I did it' before chipping in - well, here's (www.virginmoneygiving.com/inkymole) where you go to make good on that promise!

Can't wait to get out for a run again, at the end of the week. Meanwhile here's my sustainable wooden medal. Nice!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails