Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ludicrous.

I got a book in the post this morning which contains all of the 'New Era' baseball hats me and a gang of other people decorated for their 90th anniversary.

I never thought I'd be able to say this, but pale scrawny pen-flinger from Hinckley and LUDACRIS - ridiculous southern-raised rapper responsible for some of the most banging tunes in our hip-hop section - are in the book together. What? Along with designers, assorted semi-luminaries and New Era staff, turns out he drew on a hat as well. Who'da thunk it?

Now he seems to be looking a bit calmer and more grown-up these days (and less interesting - look how Busta Rhymes metamorphosised), but I like to think of him looking like this:

See, we were in the 'Beat Street' record shop in Brooklyn (now closed) when this tune emerged from the monster speakers at either end of the store. The two stunned pasty-faced English people with bleeding ears approached the counter and announced (quietly) 'we need this'. And in exchange for some $$$ it was handed directly unto them, and life was good.



Anyway. Here's my hat that I drew on, in the book:


Here's the hat Ludacris drew on (it's all hardcore embroidery):

and here's the cover:
Honestly, how funny.

See the whole collection of hats here.
My blurb (slightly edited by New Era).
More Ludacris.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails